All harassment and discrimination based on protected identity is against University policy.
St. Lawrence Universty has combined its policies to show our expectations of respect for all people. However, gender-based discriination has specific state and federal laws with which the University complies.
Section 1: Gender
If you believe you have experienced harassment or discrimination based on gender (including sexual assault, stalking, dating violence or domestic violence), please see Section 1 of the Combined Discrimination and Harassment Policies.
Optional: Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form
Section 2: All other protected identities
If you believe you have experienced harssment or discrimination based on any other protected identity, please see Section 2 of the Combined Discrimination and Harassment Policies.
Optional: Bias Incident Reporting
If you or someone you know may have experienced discrimination, help and support are available.
Option A: Get confidential help
Option B: Report to a campus official for a formal investigation or informal resolution.
Option C: Report to local police: Canton Police (911) or New York State Police Sexual Assault Hotline: 844-845-7269
If the University receives a complaint of discriminatory harassment (Option B), we:
- Assist with safety and medical needs first
- Understand the requests of the person making the complaint
- Provide support services (academic and student life) as possible
- Consider interim measures such as change of residence, “no contact” orders as appropriate
- Maintain neutrality and offer equitable due process to both people
- Investigate, if requested and/or University determines need, to the extent possible, always in a private, compassionate setting. Those involved do not confront one another.
- Provide investigation report to the Review Board comprised of trained faculty and staff.
- Notify both people of outcomes
- Provide for appeal
Discipline for discriminatory harassment can include community service, counseling, probation, suspension, or expulsion.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.