Tanner Fellowship Program 2020-2021
The Tanner Fellowship was created by the friends and family of Tanner Cornwell to honor the memory of Tanner whose short but extraordinary life touched many people. This award is intended to encourage students to enlarge their capacities to make a positive and creative mark on the world by enabling them to design and pursue educational experiences not otherwise available to them.
- Tanner Fellowship Application (Due no later than 11:59 PM Tuesday, February 11, 2020)
- Tanner Fellowship Faculty Reference Form
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Tanner Fellows are expected to attend Moving-Up Day to receive the award. In addition, Tanner Fellows give a public oral presentation in April of the year following the award of the fellowship (generally at the Festival of Science or Festival of Scholarship & Creativity) and are expected to submit a permanent record of their fellowship activities. This record may take a form appropriate to the project/experience, e.g. a written report, photo essay, film, artist's portfolio, etc.
How to Apply:
Submit the following information by completing the Tanner Fellowship Application no later than 11:59 PM Tuesday, February 11, 2020:
- A two-page proposal outlining the project/educational experience and why this particular project/experience makes sense for you. Include a one-page, itemized estimate of the costs of the proposed project/educational experience, as well as a summary of other grants and/or fellowships through which funding is being sought for the same or related projects.
- Two letters of recommendation, each from an appropriate faculty or staff member who, ideally, is familiar with what you intend to do with the fellowship.
- An unofficial transcript.
A committee will review these materials and interview chosen candidates in order to reach a decision. Applicants will be notified, via email, by mid-April whether or not their fellowship application has been approved.