SLU Articulation Agreement with SUNY Buffalo School of Pharmacy (3+4 program)
This agreement enables students to complete 3 years of pre-requisite courses at SLU before entering the 4 year Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program at SUNY Buffalo.
- Major in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or neuroscience and complete at least 75% of the required units for that major.
- Overall GPA: 3.3
- GPA in math/science pre-requisite courses: 3.3
- Complete each pre-requisite course (see below) with a grade of 2.5 or better by the end of the summer semester prior to fall admission (end of 3rd year at SLU)
- Take the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) during late sophomore spring semester
- Complete a SLU Health Careers Committee Interview to obtain a letter of recommendation during February/March of the sophomore spring semester
Pre-requisite Courses & Requirements:
- two English courses
- one semester Statistics
- one year General Biology
- one semester Microbiology
- one year General Chemistry
- two semesters Anatomy & Physiology
- one year Organic Chemistry
- one semester Biochemistry
- one year Calculus
- one semester Social/Behavioral science
- one semester Physics (highly recommended but no longer required)
- ALL SLU GRADUATION & DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Meet the University at Buffalo PharmD Supplemental Application and Application Fee deadline of March 1 (junior spring semester).
- If invited, participate in a formal interview with designated interviewers from SUNY Buffalo.
What are the Admissions Committee looking for in a successful applicant, in addition to excellent GPA, PCAT score and recommendations?
Communication skills, leadership ability, community service, health care-related or research experience, motivation for a pharmacy career